Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Socratic Seminar

This was the only type of lesson that I was familiar with before I came into the class. I was oddly obsessed with political science and law growing up and Socratic questioning is very common in those types of classrooms. I absolutely loved the formatting of our discussions-I tend to make sense of the world by vocally expressing myself so this was a perfect fit for me. Having an inner and outer circle was very smart as well. The students who were more outgoing started off the discussion, and the more introspective students added their well-constructed input at the end.

My group presented with a Socratic Seminar. To be honest, it didn't go how I had expected. We knew our video about bullying left much to be desired, but the input made about improving it was absolutely wonderful! Though I talk a lot in Socratic seminars, I'm very self-conscious when I have to speak in public. I was originally embarrassed at how our seminar was going, but in the end I realized the benefits of having a large group of people express and build upon the opinions of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment