Tuesday, November 21, 2017

WebQuest

I had never heard of a WebQuest before starting classes this semester. When I originally thought of any type of class online, I was filled with dread. It's always been difficult to keep my focus with technology and I feel more engaged when I'm in a classroom. Hours of reading online articles and writing summaries did not sound like my idea of fun. But these past few months have opened my eyes to the amazing possibilities that online learning can provide. I love the fact that WebQuests are inquiry-based and engage a child's naturally curious mind. They are a lovely sense of adventure and fun that is necessary for a kid to develop a love of learning. 

I had a blast making my Space WebQuest! I know see this as a necessary skill for becoming a teacher. If for some reason students are unable to meet in class, this would be a perfect alternative to keep the minds going.

No comments:

Post a Comment